The Muslim Association of Canada is proud to announce the Islamic School Project, the future site of a full-time Islamic School to serve Region of Waterloo. Please join us on Saturday March 22nd at 160 Courtland Ave E to take a tour of the facility, meet future school administration, attend an info session, and most importantly give your sincere input to help make this project a success.
About the Facility:
2 Acres of Land
40,000 sq ft building
19 large classrooms
500 Student capacity
Adequate for continuation of Al-Huda weekend school and Al-Furqan Hifth program
$2.5 M ($1.5 M by July 28th 2014) to start the school in Sept 2014. Inshallah.
Our vision is to produce an affordable school that thrives on academic excellence, professionalism, and a deep and practical understanding of Islam and is affordable. MAC's strengths in education include:
Academic Excellence- beyond Ontario Curriculum
EnrichIt! : hands on enrichment activities
Character Counts: Focus on building Islamic personalities
Join us in this historic moment and be amongst the first to make this vision a reality by donating here today!
The Blessed Prophet (pbuh) said: “Acquire knowledge, for he who acquires it in the way of Allah performs an act of piety; he who speaks of it, praises the Lord; he who seeks it, adores Allah; he who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and he who imparts it to others, performs an act of devotion to Allah”. (Bukhari, Muslim)
We invite all parents, students, teachers and community members to the Islamic School
Project open house.
It is with great pleasure that we announce the return of MAC EnrichIt!'s annual March Break camp! The camp will take place at Kitchener Masjidon Tuesday,Wednesdayand ThursdayMarch 11th,12th and 13th, 2014.
What you need to know about Camp 2014:
1. The camp is for JK to Grade 7 students, with a special program for JK and SK campers by experienced and qualified teachers.
2. High school students are most welcome and areneeded to volunteerand will receive high school volunteer hours.
3. We have 23 specialized workshops for all interests and ages, with 2 special trips for each age group: Cosmic Bowling, Chicopee Tube Park, Bingeman's FunworX and Pirate's Shipwreck at the Museum.
4.Camp fees:$40 per day OR $99/child for all 3 days (INCLUDING snacks and lunch).
Registration is open on our website:alhudakw.ca. Please log in and register your children. Most camps will close when we have 15 children registered, so please do not disappoint your children by postponing registration:)
Please stay tuned for more details about registration.
- Alhamdulillah, great news!!!
- Over the past 24 hours, by the will of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, and the tremendous support of the community, $24,500 raised in donations, and $76,000 in short-term, interest-free loans from community members
- Alhamdulillah, this permitted us to successfully close the acquisition of the neighboring house as a strategic expansion for the Masjid
- We now have only $37,000 to be raised to pay for the city fees and site planning for the Masjid Renovatoin project
- We have taken $76,000 in short-term non-interest loans from the community and we will need help to repay these loans - May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless and reward most generously everyone who has helped in every way, and grant every success in this dunya and the next to each and every one of them and their families, even as they took it on themselves to help this Masjid project for His Sake. Ameen.